December 05, 2007

That's the spirit

I'll be honest, I don't have the Christmas spirit yet. There is this little budding champion inside me though. I can feel it daring to burst forth any second. Like a butterfly emerging from chrysalis I can tell Santa's spirit is right there. Maybe if I strain... Grrrruuuuuhhhhhh. Nope nothing. Damnation. Maybe if I listen to Christmas music all day, that will help.

---------

Hours pass. Track 63 of my Christmas mix. Nothing. Dammit.

---------

OK, so it takes more than straining and grunting like an ape to get into the swing of Christmas. What's that? Think of someone besides myself? What a grand idea. My last charity effort ended with a $40k medical bill. Let's aim a little lower shall we? Christmas caroling? I can't sing a lick. Or a spit. Or a note or whatever. Maybe I can hum a few bars. Humming is acceptable no?

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Sings Bing Crosby on track 64. The man is a Christmas spiritual genius. I can see the 50's family sing along right now. Ladies charming in sweaters and bras underneath that could only be acquired in a 'specialty shop' today. Marvelous. Why am I suddenly thinking about Twin Peaks instead of Christmas?

2 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger Valley Girl said...

Yeah, I'm not, either. I tried listening to Christmas music and putting up decorations, but I'm not feelin' Christmas-y yet. Maybe some Eggnog will help.

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger SS said...

Well if Twin Peaks get you in the Christmas spirit...

I LOVE Christmas but I am also having a hard time feeling it this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home