January 06, 2006

What love is...

I asked some people today how they knew they were in love. What defines love? I then answered the question for myself while waiting for their responses. This is what I came up with:


When I wake up in the morning and my first thought is of her. That I smile because of this. That I want to go out of my way to get her little insignificant gifts I know she'll like. That her smile is worth more than money. That a friend of mine can comment "she knows you pretty well". That she can make me shut the F*CK up without asking me to. When you listen to a song you don't like because they love it. When you finish each others sentences. When you want them to be more successful than they dreamed they could. When they support you without ever saying the words. When their ideas make you stop and think. When she startles me with everyday stuff (kind of reopening the eyes). This isn't a complete list. I think it's the sum of these plus a lot of other things we can't put our finger on. I think each of us finds different things that cause us to believe in it. Maybe the the key for me... I want to share...

7 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger Still Searching... said...

And thank you very much for sharing.
:-)

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger kermit said...

oh how easy it is to reason away reason

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger introspectre said...

Lovely, my dear.

If I wasn't so busy I'd make my own list. Hmm, I'll have to put that on my list of things to do. I suppose I rather did it already, in my wedding vows...

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

I was asked this very same question last night - by a non blogger.

After reviewing a number of relationships I realized I am clueless. In almost all the relationships I've had I do almost all the things you mentioned and more. But they aren't necessarily expressions of love. I'm normally a very considerate person.

My Dad used to say that love was a hard cock. If your cock was hard you were in love. If it wasn't - you weren't.

By the way, I have an email link just below my profile.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger The Middle Child said...

I think that is a pretty good list. I would like to add "when his abscense brings me physical pain" as I am apart from my lover right now and in immense pain.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Radioactive Tori said...

This is a very sweet list. I love it!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger iceborn said...

i think love is a feelings which can only be felt by our subconcious mind..

famousfeatures

 

Post a Comment

<< Home