January 04, 2006

I love it loud

Shhhheeeeeeiiiiiiittttt... it's Friday and I'm drunk again.

OK - obviously I'm kidding. I have nothing to blog about. It's been an absolutely fantabulous (yes, I know it's not a freakin' word) day. I couldn't find any poodles for the noodles though... Can't believe people didn't get the humor in that. I'm sooo disappointed in you all.

You ever have one of those days where none of the music on your iPod is cutting it for you. You are searching for a sound that moves you. That doesn't grate on your nerves. That energizes you. Lifts you. Doesn't remind you of places you don't want to visit again. The perfect beat to pulse in your veins.

Today, it was KISS. So many good songs in the collection. They have well over 30 albums to choose from. Not that I have them all. I have to save something for old age. lol Play a sampling then. Each album has a slightly different sound, but all unmistakably KISS. Interesting name for a band. When I was a kid, I wasn't allowed to listen to KISS. Knights (or Kings) In Satan's Service... lmao. That's almost as good as AC/DC - Anti Christ Devils Children. Yet another band I never tire of listening to. You'd think as I get older that I quit listening to hard rock and move on to the mellow stuff.

Yeah, not so much. Give me a nice round of Iron Maiden anytime I'm stressed out. Instant relaxation. Don't get me wrong, I'll listen to good wuss music anytime too. Sheryl Crow, Enya, and other 'chick' music all grace my playlists at one time or another. But none of them have the satisfying drive and thump that comes with a good driving bass beat and lyrics like:

Well my mind is gettin' dirty yeah around eleven thirty, uh huh
I wanna watch some asses shakin' to the noise the boys are makin', uh huh
Ooh, so I hop into my car, hit the local titty bar, uh huh
'Cause that's my kind of situation when I need some perspiration, uh huh
I do my one-step shoppin' for the girl of my dreams
'Cause I can always be sure that she's as good as she seems
Take it off, give it to me
Take it off, like you'd do me
I wanna see what's inside, 'cause you got nothin' to hide
Take it off, pretty baby
Take it off, drive me crazy
You know you make me so hot, I wanna see what you got
Take it off, yeah!

Wave your panties in the air, lick your lips and shake your hair, uh huh
Ooh, when you spread a little oil, yeah, my blood begins to boil, uh huh
Yeah, it's so hard to choose, when you all look so fine
But I got nothin' to lose but my money and my mind

....

- KISS


Something about the wanton release involved in this song (and other KISS hits) just has an almost tangible feel. The wild abandon that you crave. Not that it matters, for soon it will be another day and I'll be onto something else. Perhaps Three Days Grace or COLD. We'll see. I'm always up for a nice selection of TOOL too.

5 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Blogger drunkbh said...

My vote is for Disturbed.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Beth I hear you calling....

Hey do you remember that tv movie they made in the 70's? Am I the only person that remembers that movie, or am I just imagining they were in a movie?

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I've made different CD's for different moods I'm in. I've got the loud head banging one, the laid back one, the sappy one when I want to cry...and the happy CD.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Alice said...

i don't have an ipod :-( when i was in college and we all downloaded music with ignorant glee, i could more easily cater music to my mood... now... sigh, not so much. happy new year munkey!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Lil Bit said...

I'm having that prob right this very damn second. Hmmm... maybe some AC/DC would do the trick... 'Back in Black' maybe? hmmm........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home