December 01, 2007

Mind embrace

I live largely in a fantasy world. Not the kind of world filled with elves, dragons, mercenary swordsman, highwaymen and magicians. But rather a world filled with my dreams of what could be. I want a lot, I dream a lot. Sometimes I even achieve my dreams. I've traveled the world, I've met marvelous people. I've seen sunsets cinematographers only dream of while they are filming. I've heard sad tales. I've seen dreams shattered. I've seen hope bring new life.

I cannot shut off my head. The fantasy world is where I tell off my boss, I say the right thing at the right time every time. There is no challenge I can't overcome, no impossibility. There is simply me and my belief that I will succeed. Eventually, I'll have all the right lamps in my condo, I'll drift off to sleep with the right girl in my arms, and I will wake up smiling.

I bet you've been there. Perhaps you have a fantasy world you visit when you have time. I'm telling you it's always time. That's how it seems to me anyway. People who daydream are more successful than those that don't. So, live a little. I'm giving you a pass for the day. Fantasy world. Live it, breath it, accept it.

8 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Valley Girl said...

Yup. Its kind of combination fantasizing slash trying out the concept of that book, The Secret. Sometimes, my fantasies actually come true.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

I adore my fantasy world and will never stop indulging myself in the moments I spend there.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

A dream is a prayer unspoken. A fantasy is a desire unfulfilled.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Vesper said...

Munkey, just like you I am almost always in that other world of mine, or worlds rather, 'cause I have many "existences". Fiction is life... We will succeed. :-)
It's reassuring to find kindred spirits...

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

My whole life is a fantasy world.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger JLee said...

I live in a fantasy world and often wonder if it's good or bad? hhmmm

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually posted something with a similar topic last week. As is my style, it's still up there b/c I haven't posted since them. It's quotes from famous people about wishing, then a quote from me.

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Hermes said...

A little fantasy is healthy. I wish I could spend more time actively REM dreaming. Fantasy you believe, how can you beat it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home