October 30, 2007

Fun size

Fun size candy bars. One isn't enough. 15 is too many.

We see the proliferation of these little fun size bars around halloween every year. Sure you can buy them year around and often see them in office candy bowls year round, but around halloween, they become especially prevalent not just in offices, but around our homes. It's easy to curtail your consumption of these little calorie bombs at the office. I mean who wants to look like a piglet eating a dozen of these in a row 'til you are fully satiated.?

On the home front it's not so easy. You want by the bowl and as though magic occurred, you suddenly have two or three of these in your hand. Fingers working feverishly to unlock the joy hidden inside each tiny wrapper. Then after the first sample you crave them. OK, just two more. Before you know it, you've eaten 15 and your stomach aches and your hands shake from sugar overdose.

Damn the candy companies and their creation of the Fun Size candy bar. One zealous blogger even made a chart. I've always thought great things come in small packages, but in this case I just can't agree that smaller is better.

7 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

I like those little "bite size" ones. You can eat half a pound of them without even realizing it.

But, why is "fun size" smaller than the regular size? I would think FUN size would be like a foot long or something.

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your link to the chart is dead...

I agree with Lord Chimmy, to me, "Fun Size" would be "Human Size." I could have a lot of fun with a human-sized candy bar.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Mad Munkey said...

Link should work now.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

I've tried to convince a woman or two that smaller was better.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Tai said...

LOL @ buffalo!

I'm really glad I don't like 'cheap' chocolate, fun size or otherwise.
I have no will power, I'd eat 20 without blinking.
Whew...now back to my wine!

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Schuyler said...

AAAIIEEEEE!!!! Someone at my office decided it was a good idea to bring in their extra 150 piece fun size bag of chocolate candies for our 8 person group!!

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger SS said...

I'm glad they didn't have "fun size" when I was a kid. Even the small "party size" bars always seemed like a rip off to me when I went trick-or-treating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home