September 29, 2007

Ring me

I'm deformed. You see, I have these holes in my body. You can see from one side to the other. You'd have to look pretty hard. It's not like you could stick a your hand through my body.

Shiny, heavy curves. The weight in my hand somehow sexual. Primal perhaps. I imagine the weight in the holes pierced in my skin. Reassuring. Comfortable. The 4 gauge rings are over 5 mm thick. Solid, with heavy balls at each end of the ring. The mirror shine returning every light to the room.

To others, they probably look extreme. They put me outside the norm. To me, they are a sign of my willingness to be true to myself. When I hide my earrings, i feel like I'm cheating. LIke I'm hiding myself. Hiding my deformity. Perhaps it's not so much deformity as mutilation or is it just non-conformity? Gotta love semantics. To see more on this subject, tune into Taboo on National Geographic channel every Wednesday night.

3 Comments:

At 1:30 AM, Blogger grace said...

well...in answer to your questions...most interesting thing I have seen this week, was a whale and its baby playing in the ocean, feeding at sunset. best childhood memory, meeting Ringo Starr. Best present would be my Queenie, who passed away 2005 at 13. My biggest regret would be not getting my Dad to Nashville and the Grand Ole Opry before he passed away. He went suddenly before the trip.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Buffalo said...

Read an item the other day about a couple that had been denied a lease at an upscale apartment complex. The guy had sleeves and the management didn't like tatts.

Ditto in Lawrence, KS. Read that some restaurants are denying seating to folk with visible tatts.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger bikeandbeer said...

you would be unique and true to yourself even without the piercings and tattoos, and i am not talking in a patronizing "everybody is unique" kind of way.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home