October 19, 2007

Live coma

Bleary eyed I sit peering at the screen. Fingers miss the proper keys as I fumble within my sluggish synapses for the right words to convey. The only sounds the forced air blowing softly through the vents. The soft clack of the key's as I type. Beneath my eyelids dry eyes like desert sands yearn for the oasis of sleep. Fragments of waking dreams flicker through my thoughts like rocks skipping over the water only to sink with a final, sudden thunk. Insidious as fire. Alluring yet false. Am I really here?

6 Comments:

At 4:31 AM, Blogger jin said...

*jin pinches Munkey, hard*

If you felt that it means you are really there.

If you didn't feel it that doesn't necessarily mean you aren't there.

There.

Did that help?
;-)

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Vesper said...

How poetic, Munkey!
Yes, you are here and ...there at the same time! :-)

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Buffalo said...

Having had a great deal of experience with this particular scenario I can tell you, without a shadow of doubt, you're not here. You have crossed over into an alternate reality that exists just beyond the borders of this universe.

If you wish to cross back over to the familiar you will need to either budget a block of sleep time or consume stimulants in the form of caffeine or speed.

As an aside, you do write well from this alternate universe.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger grace said...

you're here, too much time on the computer?! Very descriptive.

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

Hard to say if you're really here or not. Right now you exist in my delusional world, but that isn't proof of existence.

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is anyone really here? Am I awake, or dreaming? Existentialists have been struggling with these very issues for millenia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home