July 01, 2007

It's a phone people

Well, my precious. It's been awhile hasn't it? Other things we have have been doing yes. Not even hiding from nasty Hobbits. Ooops, I got two different fictional characters intertwined here. Oh, well. That about sums things up sometimes. Things blend and meld. They become new things.

I've been watching the iPhone ferver grow both within myself (self proclaimed technology whore here) and other people. I understand street corners near a SOHO Apple store had to be shut down by police after hundreds thronged the area to get their own personal gadgetry in their sweaty little palms. Imagine the glorious feel of tossing down $600 hard earned dollars to buy something you already have. What you talkin' about Willis?

Think about it. You already have a cell phone, you already have an iPod, you already have the internet. Well, I guess you aren't quite mobile with that one. I have to admit, one of the key features of the phone for me isn't the internet. It's the visual voice mail. Now I (ME) can pick what message I want to listen to. That bitch aunt martha can stew a little longer if you please. Sister Sarah with juicy gossip about uncle Bob's alcoholic slut girlfriend can now take center stage. Whooo Hoooo.

I'm beside myself with relief that my contract with another unnamed wireless vendor runs until next spring. The Gen 2 iPhone is strangely due in 08' as well. Hmmm... can you say 'bugs worked out'? If you were one of the people that bought a new shiney iPod the day they came out and shortly thereafter the Gen 2 pods came to life you can understand the frustration. I bought a shiny new laptop last August. As predicted, there are faster, newer, better machines on the market today. No-one cares that you had yours before. And seriously, I don't wanna be the guy that has to answers all the questions about my new phone. I also don't other people's greasy mitts all over my phone spreading germs and disease my way. Thanks, but no thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home