May 12, 2007

Planes, trains and autmobiles

People often think from watching movies that train travel is romantic. I've heard a number of people say they'd like to take the Orient Express. I've ridden trains late at night through empty frozen stations. I hear stories of people being robbed in their sleep on trains.

Yeah, not so romantic anymore. We'll see. Tonight it's 11 hours on a train. If I have all my stuff when I arrive, I'll be a very happy camper. Even better if I actually get some sleep.

---------

In other news, I went shopping in a Barcelona grocery store today and discoverd you can buy whole ham legs. *drool* I purchased a few boxes of Paella seasoning. Hopefully, I can learn to make paella when I get home. Anyone know who makes a good paella pan?

7 Comments:

At 4:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I recommend you get an enameled pan. They're not as easy to find as the steel ones; I found mine in Valencia's market. Ask around, and you might find one.

The problem with the steel ones is that they rust, so they require more maintenance of keeping them super clean and oiled. Of course, the problem with enameled ones is that you bump them and they crack :S But paellas come deliciously in them. I have a 7-serving-size one. That's a perfect size for small entertaining. If you need more ideas or help with this, contact me. We just did a paella last Sunday :)

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I forgot to mention: I also have a 30-serving-size aluminum pan. I'm not too crazy over aluminum, but it sure holds up when having larger parties.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Buffalo said...

Paella? What's that?

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Devil's Son said...

well, i think train travel would be nice and relaxing...as can see in "mr.Bean-holidays" movie...LOL

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger bikeandbeer said...

in brazil there is a train called "trem da morte" (death train). it goes from sao paulo through the pantanal to santa cruz de la sierra in bolivia. i took it through the pantanal stretch, and it was just beautiful. yeah, we had to keep an eye on our backpacks, but the andean troupe playing on the train, the fresh fried fish sold at the stops by locals (through the train windows), and the views were just amazing! interestingly i have no clue where the name comes from...

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Buffalo said...

It has been over a month now, MM. Time to get back to it.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Alice said...

hi! you can start cutting your hair again ;-)

also wtf do i need to start threatening to not shave my pits or something? where are the posts?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home