June 24, 2006

Do-Overs

I want a rematch. Now, I just need to figure out what for.

What challenge in my life has eluded me? What competition did I not win that I should have? Where did I not try to my absolute limit and beyond?

See, I really don't want to think about those things. I just like the idea that I can demand a rematch. It's not about redoing my life or an event or a personal relationship. It's not about rethinking the color of my bedroom walls. Or picking something different for dinner last night.

Maybe I'm just looking for the simple feeling that tomorrow is Day 1. You hear that a lot. Start Fresh. Or - Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Pick your cliché. But it's not so easy to shed your past. The decisions you've made up 'til now. The things that effect you today could have happened 10, 20 or even 30 years ago.

What we really need if that is the case is to get to a launch point. A place where we can walk away from enough of our current and past to create the new us. The new life we seek and desire. Tying up all the loose ends we've accumulated. Whether it's stuff we've collected, debt, relationships that are in an unsure place or just organizing what we have.

A rematch indeed. Who's game?

2 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Still Searching... said...

Starting at Day 1, I think I could use a rematch like that. Start over, refresh, renew...

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Lil Bit said...

Me. most def.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home