April 14, 2006

Yesterday's

My yesterday's are all boxed up and neatly put away.

- Sheryl Crow

A fantasy these lyrics represent. A dream, a curse, a modern reality. Things are never so simple as we'd like. Time passes, but old wounds survive to cause pain when we least expect. Going someplace far away doesn't make things more clear. Alone, we never really find the solace we'd like to find. Scabs ripped away in a moment of weakness. An itch that cannot be ignored. Fresh blood flows from long sealed pains. The fresh bite cleansing and pure. Created by our own hands. Our own volition.

So many sources for internal misery. Sinkholes in our psyche that remain hidden and secret. An outward surface of peace and clarity. Underneath, revealed to be murky and unsure. Dangerous and going into depths unknown. They say you are fine, that everything will be OK. Left to wonder why. Left to wonder how to hide. To find a place to start over and be the way you hope and dream.

Don't you know why I cry? Or is it, I never said I'd cry...

5 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger LyZa said...

beautifully written.

we all hide under some facade. you, me, everyone around us.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Still Searching... said...

And once again, the one known as Mad Munkey has crawled inside my mind to see what lurks in the darkest recesses...

or so it seems...

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Helene said...

ok so I came to your blog for the cool photo... lol how shallow am I hehehe

well written... I couldnt have said it better myself (of course if challenged I may rise to the occasion... jk)

I will come back to read more when I have time but so far... I really like your blog!!

Thanks! K

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Lil Bit said...

We all wear masks.
The trick is to know when to take one off.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Jada said...

I love "sinkholes in our psyche." Love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home