March 31, 2006

Emergence

I woke up this morning thinking about transformation. More specifically, I was thinking about the chrysalis stage that a caterpillar goes through. Entering the protective cocoon as one thing and exiting later as something else entirely. I think the vision in my mind was a Monarch butterfly, but quickly turned to other species.

Why does the transformation hold such an attraction in people's minds. If I could only be...

Well, what is stopping you from being that which you desire? Or having that thing you covet above all else? Transformation is natural and healthy. A gift even. Without transformation and change, we would become stagnant and trite. Yet, sometimes we hesitate on the step forward. The unknown freezing us from action and inhibiting our progression.

Consider the butterfly. Long dormant and slowly changing, worth the wait as it contemplates it's emergence from it's chrysalis.

2 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger Still Searching... said...

I adore change, it is mostly a good thing.

(I had more to say, but I doubt it would make much sense to any but myself, so that will suffice for now.) :-)

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Lil Bit said...

Read this post the other day via my blogreader, just couldn't comment at the time.

LOVE this post! Just absolutely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home