February 21, 2006

True tale from today

"Excuse me, is that your Mercedes that you just parked?"

"Yes."

"Well, you parked in a handicapped space and you don't have a handicapped sticker on your car. I just wanted to let you know that I find that incredibly offensive." And I walked away.

She must have muttered something about my audacity to the woman a little further down the aisle, because I heard that woman say, "I find it offensive too."

The woman must have been close to fifty (on which side I don't know) and was wearing a $6,000-$10,000 dollar fur coat, $400 shoes, etc...

I just wish I had thought to say, "If you are too freakin' lazy to walk from further out, perhaps you should hire someone to run your errands for you."

5 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger HannoverFist said...

Life will give her a karmic punch in the mouth some day. ;)

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger SS said...

Well, money might be able to buy you a fancy car but it can't buy you a better parking spot!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Lil Bit said...

OMG!
I must say, you were much more civil about the whole than I woulda been. What a bitch!... and a RICH bitch at that. Grrrr.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger M is for... said...

Usually I just look for a cop in the parking lot.
The grocery store near me has a lot of Merc' and Beemers in the lot. Many of which like the Handicap spot. Luckily, there is a McDonalds and a Starbucks in the same small strip, inevidibly (SP?) there is an officer of the law in or around it (for lunch or a latte).
I take great joy, GREAT JOY, in pointing out the really expensive cars illegally parked to the officers. 99 times out of 100, they get a nice big grin on their face, "Thank you much" and appear to skip with joy on the way to the vehicle. =)

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Still Searching... said...

One of my pet peeves, handicap space parkers that don't need them. Just so not cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home