April 05, 2006

I never...

I had a conversation with a friend some time back. I don't recall the friend at this particular moment, but the words still ring loud in my head.

We were talking about compliments. This person said to me, "The best compliment you [MM] can give is when you say, 'I never thought of that before."

I was taken aback by this thought. That someone would feel complimented by me saying, 'I never thought of that before'. Granted, I think way too much, but you know that because you read my blog. If something needs to be accomplished, I can usually think of three ways to do it. And if those fail, I've usually got more in the dim cobwebs in my head.

I'm not all knowing, I'm not omnipotent, I simply think a lot. About a wide range of topics. My mind is a sieve, constantly sorting data and making patterns where none previously existed. I've demonstrated my thought process for some people who are typical MBAs, and they look at me in awe. "How do you do that?" I just do. Some creative people define creativity as intuition. I think what they really mean is it's automatic. Just like pulling your hand away from fire because it burns, the creative mind makes connections and links through an invisible often intangible web.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home