April 09, 2006

How do you see

Did you ever want to be with someone just to watch them? To see their reactions to the world around them rather than see the world through your own eyes? To see their simple delight at a flavor. Or to hear them sigh in content as a breeze blows through their hair catching a few strands and pulling them across their face. To see the corner of their eye scrunch up as they let out a peal of laughter they simply can't contain. To hear the sound of their voice as they respond to someone entering your space. To see their brow furrow up as they concentrate on something that confuses them.

To see their peace as they sleep nestled on the couch with a book or magazine that held their attention just long enough for Father Time to take them on a new journey. To watch them when they can't see you even though you are in plain view. Their attention rapt and keen on some far off detail in the horizon. Then to gather them in your arms and know that they make you feel like nothing ever has. To make you wish you could freeze time to that small moment. To replay those reactions again and again in your mind. Feeling the truth in their reaction is more pure than your own. Innocent. Captivating. Not you. Them. All them. All encompassing.

5 Comments:

At 3:38 AM, Blogger Still Searching... said...

Yes I have.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Lil Bit said...

Oh yeah, I have.... *sigh*

You in love, MM? Awwwww!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Buffalo said...

Watching...listening...it is what I do best and enjoy the most.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Annalis said...

Beautifully written. It's always the little things...

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Helene said...

so if I answer honestly I will seem like a self-centered unloving person... if I lie then I am a being dishonest... if I leave... ahhhh perhaps plead to take my 5th amendment right.

I somehow repressed romance over the years. I did, however, recently revisit the feeling you are mentioning and holy cow! The problem is that I am a realist and way to analytical... I decided to research the topic. I really did. I found out that the chemicals that your brain produces are actually different for about the 1 year of a new relationship... I think I ruined it for myself somehow. It was the feeling you get when you read the ending of your book about half way through.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home