December 01, 2005

Moo juice

OK, so I mixed two kinds of moo juice to have my morning cereal today. Come on, don't look at me like that. You'd have done it too. It's not like I blended wine from two different bottles together. No mixing my own blends of wine in this house. Definitely not.

Not only were the moo vintages different, they were entirely different brands of milk. One organic, one not so organic. To tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, the stuff tasted like milk to me. Skim milk. I don't know why I quit drinking real milk, I think I had some girlfriend in the past that had something against real whole milk and I just got used to drinking skim. So, the bottom line is that the cereal went down fine. I haven't imploded (or exploded for that matter) yet, so it must be OK.

Did I ever tell you about the time I blended Cool-Aid and milk? My very first bloody brain. LMAO. I must have been like 5-6. I was at camp. They had a dispenser that had the big 6 gallon milk bags and another one with Cool-Aid. We only got one glass and I wanted milk and Cool-Aid. So I did it. I mixed them. The stuff looked just like a bloody brain. Nasty. Cherry Cool-Aid. It actually tasted pretty good as I recall. (Not that you could pay me money to drink that concoction today.) I'll blend the moo juice together with another vintage of cow, but I draw the line with Cool-Aid and milk.

As long as we are on the subject, do you prefer white cow or brown cow? As in regular milk or Chocolate? I recently had a craving for chocolate milk (probably the first in 15 years). I quenched it with a bottle of premixed Nesquik (that rabbit still ain't dead). Wow. yummy stuff. Here's the weird thing though. The expiration date on a half gallon of milk is usually a week or two in the future. The Quick? Nearly the end of January. OK - two months and the milk isn't going to spoil? Uh, just what are they doing to this milk to make it 'healthy' for that kind of duration? I'm a little freaked out. If I die unexpectedly, check for brown cow poisoning. (Or the blended cow too. You never know.)

10 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger MilkMaid said...

Well...at least you are drinking the milk, mixed or not..MilkMan will be happy on payday.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

when we were little and passed a field of cows my parents would always honk the horn and say 'moooooooo.'

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger SS said...

I love everything chocolate and yet I think milk is best in its pure white state. I do drink skim though so what the Hell do I know?

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Her Daddy's Eyes said...

Well, for a short period of time I was lactose intolerant. So my cookies went solo and my cereal was separated from it's long time life partner...but I have since kicked the problem and only have a reaction with ice cream. I love a tall glass of brown cow but wouldn't go near even a half a glass of white cow. I prefer 2% in my cereal and think skim is like pouring cloudy water on top of my honey bunches of oats. I wish I enjoyed milk...but alas, my calcium vitamin every night will have to do the work instead!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Jozee said...

Milk -
it does a body good.
Skim has more calcium
and tryptophan calms the nerves.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Robin Alexa said...

I crave chocolate milk once in a while but I buy the stuff that expires like normal milk.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Annalis said...

Oh, white milk. Nothing like a glass of milk and warm brownie. Yum

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Still Searching... said...

Always thought I hated milk, until I was pregnant and knew I should drink it. Not wanting to gain 200 pounds from icky milk fat, I drank skim. I now like milk. Who knew that I was just drinking the wrong kind all those years...

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

I only drink skim. Whole and 2% make me gag. I've been known to haunt the dreams of many a server because when I'm out, I order a glass of skim and a glass filled with ice. I simply cannot stomach milk that's not completely iced down.

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Hermes said...

I've always loved to eat my ice cream with milk. Ever since I was a kid. I'd stir it up until it was a pastey mush.

I called this "porridge."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home