November 23, 2005

A feat? or a feast?

OK, I think I'm set for my own private Thanksgiving feast tomorrow. I have two cornish hens, potatoes, dinner rolls, egg nog (and spiced rum), a baster, a meat thermometer, kosher salt, seasonings, unsalted butter, etc... you get the idea.

So here is the thing. Why doesn't the store have a little section with everything you need in one place? OK, that's too broad. I mean the basics for a Thanksgiving meal. Croutons for stuffing, basters, thermometers, etc... They could even call it the Thanksgiving Virgin section. I realize it's near faux pas that I'm not making a turkey, but perhaps I'll do that for christmas (although I'm eyeing Guinea Hen for that meal). Either way, I think it's impressive that I'm breaking my own Dominoes tradition and making fowl to begin with.

I'm wondering how many people out there actually buy fresh turkey? I read an article recently that they are trying to revive several breeds of turkeys in North America for our markets. These would be best fresh. but I understand the lure of Butterball turkey's. Pre-injected. Pre set in a cooking bag even. Pop in the oven and cook the thing down. Make gravy and serve. Or something like that. Riiiight.

Wish me luck. But save the true luck for the drunk guys that plan on frying their turkey and are going to burn down the house tomorrow. Peace.

8 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Annalis said...

Good luck and enjoy.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger celtgirl said...

You've got all the tools you need. The meal will be fine, I'm sure.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Still Searching... said...

Cornish hens, yummy!

You know, I've often thought that myself, putting everything in one place for (whatever particular holiday it happens to be) would be a fabulous idea. But...that just makes too much darn sense.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Robin Alexa said...

Good luck. Enjoy. I'm at work. :)

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Your dinner sounds good to me...wanna share? Oh wait...Thanksgivings already over. Got left overs?

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Hmmm...I'm hoping you enjoyed the meal. Your previous Domino's Thanksgivings remind me of how Hsband Guy spends his holiday...I'm with my family while he's toiling away at work. He had a cheeseburger on turkey day. BUT he had a true turkey day meal last night, compliments of moi! I swear he smiled even in his sleep after downing it!

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Alice said...

dude! i ATE one of those revived turkeys! it was about a brazillion times better than a frozen butterball, believe me :-) although the cornish hens were probably quite tasty too, no?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home