November 12, 2005

Dear party goer

This isn't a rant. It's an observation of human behavior. Really. Why is it that when you go to party and you bring beer ('cuz you know that everyone brings shitty beer) that is actually good that everyone wants to drink it instead of whatever they brought (or even didn't bring 'cuz they are socially inept)? I am totally not understanding this concept. Why not just get a T-shirt to wear that says, "I'm a cheap bastard."? Really.

If you want to drink good beer when you go to a party, it's commonly known manners that you bring a gift to the host anyway, why not bring a 6 pack of beer as well. Or even at the bare minimum? For everyone who didn't know you are supposed to bring a gift when you attend a party... Now you do. You've seen these people at parties. They arrive empty handed and then paw through the beer cooler or fridge looking for the best thing to drink. Tonight it just happened to be my $10 a 6 import.

See, I'm a beer snob. I hate cheap beer (unless I buy it for some reason). Like perhaps to go to a party with a bunch of cheap bastard's. But why should I suffer and drink cheap beer when I don't have to? Did I expect to drink the whole 6? No, I had to drive home. See, I told you it wasn't a rant. But it's funny observing people paw through all the beer and then decide to take the most expensive one. I guess you could say that people want the good stuff, but aren't willing to pony up for it.

I find this particularly strange since a beer out costs $5-7 (or more) where I live and at a club drinks are even more expensive. So, for the cost of one drink out, you can't afford to stop by the store on your way to the party and pick up a decent beer? I want a party with name tags. Not with names, but the beverage you brought. I can see it now. Coors light. Bud light. Corona. Etc... If you see people with these tags walking around drinking Eggenberg, Pilsner Urquell, Arrogant Bastard Ale, Czechvar or other beers they can't pronounce, I think you should be able to kick their ass. Verbally or physically. After all, they are nothing better than a common beer thief. Who's with me?

9 Comments:

At 1:06 AM, Blogger Mad Munkey said...

Um, try clicking the links. :-) Then visit a bigger town... haha

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger Annalis said...

Truth be told I'd choose beer over wine unless I'm eating a really nice meal, so I can relate to your post.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Jozee said...

Guess the party sucked.Maybe you should put tags on your bottles that say only beautiful blondes, redheads, brunettes etc. may drink this beer.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Lil Bit said...

*raises hand*
OMG, I am sooooo w/ya on this. Cheap ass bastards! Freeloaders! LOL

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Still Searching... said...

I like the idea of the tags. Yup, I do.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Her Daddy's Eyes said...

Ohhh...Pilsner Urquell...yum!

I think your name tags are a great idea. I'm going ot run out and buy some for the next party! hehehe!

Bastards...

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Natalia said...

Hmmm I drink Guinness, Killian, wait...I will give anything a chance.

-N

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I love beer...would prefer it over wine or liqour...go figure. I'm cool with most of the common household name beers. Amberbock and Killians are two favorites.

 
At 1:37 AM, Blogger 'Ain said...

Give me a Hoegaarden and I promise you a good time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home