November 01, 2005

Breaking away

Someone was worried that I hadn't posted since my death post. Sorry to have rattled anyone. So what shall we discuss today?

It's day two in the caffeine withdrawal experiment. I must not be too addicted, no headache as yet. Not like the last time I went off caffeine. You'd think I'd been trying to kick heroin. I had a 3 bottle a day habit. Mt. Dew. Ah, the juice. :-) Perhaps the Krispy Kreme people were taking a lesson from the makers of Mt. Dew. I would seriously like to know what is in that stuff that makes it so addictive.

When I went off it last time I had cold sweats, nausea, dry heaves, cramping. I was curled in a ball for two days. The headache far surpassed anything I've had to deal with. It felt like a reverse vise. The thing was stretching my head trying to make it burst. When I couldn't take the pain any longer, I freed the Break Glass in case of Emergency Coke in the fridge. The luscious gurgle of the brown liquid pouring out of the can was a sweet musical for my ears alone. The hiss as the gases escaped chilling my finger on the tab the signal that freedom from pain was near. Unfortunately, the can of Coke merely reduced the pain. Three days later, I walked out of the house a new man. It would be be three years before I would drink more than 1/2 a soda again. Now, it's time to free myself from the bonds once again. I don't think it'll be so bad this time, I only have a bottle a day habit at this point

5 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger MamaKBear said...

Personally I'm addicted to Coke Classic. Hate those caffeine-withdrawal headaches! I get them if I go too long without a Coke.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Schuyler said...

I'm picturing that scene in "Trainspotting" when Mark's parents lock him in his room for the night. "We'll beat this thing together."

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Her Daddy's Eyes said...

OMG! I'm so addicted to caffeine (in coffee form)...oh, HOW are you doing it? WHY?

Maybe that's why you haven't been around...did you DIE???

Come back...I'll make you a cup if that'll make you feel better. Ooopppsss, I'm a BAD influence.

*grin*

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Annalis said...

Good luck kickin the "habit".

Personally, I love the caffeine.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm getting up to 3 cups of coffee a day now. I love my coffee. I have quit before, but it's just not worth it to me anymore. If I'm going to have a bad habit...I'd say I'm ok with that one.

My Word Verification: kofeisgud

Dude I swear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home