November 09, 2005

Where have I really been?

I've spent some time rereading bits of my blog. Sometimes in large sections, sometimes just a few lines.

Here are some snippets of things that have caught my eye:

May 25, 2005

I always wonder about the small things in our lives that cause us pleasure. How is a smile derived overnight from a particular source? Simply opening ones mind to these kinds of things doesn't seem quite enough, but I'm willing to accept it at this point. After a long time of not really smiling, it's the little things that seem to matter the most. The source of my smile shall remain private, but I'll acknowledge it nonetheless.

May 24, 2005

It's past midnight. I'm walking through the empty streets of Paris with nary a clue where I'm going. Amidst the walking, I realize that the call of nature is very strong. Several hours on the ET, dinner, water before, during and after... It's common for people to use the side of a building here... I think the one smell I will take away from Paris the the smell of urine. I think about using a building several times. Once I almost break and do it... I walk 20 feet further down the building and see a sign... It's the Egyptian Embassy. Now THAT would have been priceless.

May 23, 2005

As I've said before, my goal is to try new things - push my own boundaries if you will. Running to the easy choice on the menu leads you to the same experiences over & over. I can understand the attraction that trying the same thing again and again holds. I'm as guilty as anyone for establishing patterns in my own life.

June 28, 2005

Did you step outside your comfortable little world today? Did you look at something you've seen a million times with fresh eyes? Come on - put your hands out in front of you... what do you see? Where do you go? (Note: this goes back to a previous post.) You hold the power within your own mind to be wherever you desire... so why let yourself be miserable?

July 26, 2005

“Since the RHD isn’t there, and you brought the situation to our attention, I have to tell you that I think Elizabeth is going to try to take her life tonight.”

July 19, 2005

Reach out and touch someone with your words today. You never know what kind of impact you’ll really have. It’s an itch you can scratch every day. Make someone feel good for no reason other than you care.

6 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

July 19th is my favorite..and wouldn't you know that's my best friends birthday, and she is exactly the kind of person who reaches out to all and touches them with her words.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Jozee said...

Where are you now?

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Frank said...

Nice post... I reread my blog today, and now I really don't know where I am now! True! LOL! :-P

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Her Daddy's Eyes said...

Here's the way I see you: Each time you write it's as though you have a canvas in front of you, long wooden handled brushes, and many beautiful colors that have been blended together over time.

You paint with so much energy, emotion, and feeling. You pour all of you and all of what you are into what you're writing. I feel like you're sitting in front of me, talking to me, sharing yourself.
It's an amazing experience to walk through your gallery. The cost of admission should be much, much more.
~Eyes

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Mad Munkey said...

That's it, I'm putting out a tip jar. :-)

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger drunkbh said...

I like the last one. I like all of them but I like the last one the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home