November 04, 2005

Penthouse Pauper

I'd try to be clever and write this post with all the song names and lyrics worked into it, but I'm too tired. The evening started with a 70 minute set from Lenny Kravitz and was elevated into my personal Rock Memorial Hall of Fame by a 2 hour set by Aerosmith. For ancient guys, they still rock. They just move a little slower. Steven's voice is starting to go, but he still hit Dream On like a champ. The set consisted of their classic for the most part. Stuff you know and jam to when you hear it. There were a few songs not included that I sorely missed including Walkin' the Dog and Dude (looks like a lady).

The really interesting thing was audience. Of course there was the obligatory acrid scent of a doobie in the air that makes your nostrils flare, but as a non smoking arena, I have to say it was nice to not smell like a chimney when I left. The audience was mostly older people 9some with kids in tow). I guess this is why most of the set was older music, it's the stuff we know. And the kids, well... they are kids.

I've also noticed a change in concerts since I was a teenager/college student. They are less wild. The security is a lot more vigilant and the audiences aren't as rowdy. Perhaps I need to see a Green Day show or something equivalent to see if kids still rock. But then I'd be the proverbial 'old guy'. lol It's not that I'm old, but I saw 40+ year olds trying to be 'hot rock mamas'... ewww. (I'm sure there are exceptions...)

6 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Annalis said...

I'm not much help here. The last concert I attended was Black Crowes/Tom Petty. Mostly older fans as you can imagine even I felt young. Good times.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger drunkbh said...

FYI- The kids still rock. I can personally attest to that.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Her Daddy's Eyes said...

I heard 'Dude' last night while I was out. We were all singing along...I love that song!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger ladylongfellow said...

They hand out earplugs at the concert? lol

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger ladylongfellow said...

Oh, and concerts are not the crazy drug, sex and rock-n-roll parties like they used to be. Security people have gotten much more uptight too --probably cause they are sober now? If everyone did a little chemical or had sex on a regular basis.....the world would be a much better place!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Alice said...

kids definitely still rock.. i'm only 25 but it still drives me nuts when i can't enjoy a show because of the steady stream of crowd surfers being catapulted onto my head. fucking annoying. i'd be thrilled if everyone calmed down a bit so i could actually dance and watch the stage instead of over my shoulder for the next 250lb guy who thought crowd surfing would like, TOTALLY ROCK MAN!!! i'll take my crotchety old woman award now, thankyouverymuch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home