November 17, 2005

My rock

On my desk I have a large river stone. Etched deeply into this stone is a chinese character that symbolizes Tranquility. It's too big to be a paperweight and too heavy to really use for anything. Technically, I think it's supposed to go in the garden. I don't have a garden. So, it sits on my desk amidst the beds of cables and wires that make my desk the communications hub that it is.

It's a little incongruous with all that technology to have a stone that is smoothed by millions of years of water and etched with a language I can't read. Or speak for that matter. It's a simple gray rounded river stone. Nothing special. No 'Hey, look at me.' factor. So, why is it there? Instant tranquility... drop rock on head? The lump later would be simply amazing. Maybe I'll set it outside my door and see how long it takes to get stolen.

5 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Her Daddy's Eyes said...

I have one too. Mine says "Imagine"...(go figure)...and it's in a potted plant on my back porch. Now I'm worried it'll get stolen...

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Jozee said...

I have one that says forever from my ex anyone want it?

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Jozee said...

Oh yeah,

For the record I'm neither paranoid or schizophrenic that goes with the rock. K?

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Still Searching... said...

I have one too...but it doesn't say anything. I just like rocks. :-)

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Jozee said...

The best rocks are carved by nature - water the strongest force.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home