November 18, 2005

First sight

I have a wizard tattooed on my forearm. You've seen it. It was an HNT Post last month. I've had this tattoo for about 7 years. Tonight I noticed it for the first time. It was looking at me in the mirror. I'm not a paranoid person, nor am I given to flights of fancy. Imagination, yes. Fancy, no.

It was almost as though the face wished to speak to me. A face filled with wisdom, prescience, and piercing accusation faced me in the mirror. I had no reaction, no instant quelling of non-reality. I looked in the eyes of this being. I felt judgment, whimsy and sadness. What madness befalls me? What joke of the gods brings forth this demon in my skin?

I know in my mind that the ink in my skin lies inert. Dead to everything beyond imagination. Placed there not by a practitioner of the dark arts or even magic. A piece created by a master of his art. Alien fantasy brought to life in living skin. The message clear, but hazed with expectation and fear. Do you see? Do you?

6 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude! you sure you didn't pop some pills ?? lmao...yes i see.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Still Searching... said...

Lovely work.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Annalis said...

What do you see in the mirror when you look into your eyes, MM?

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Jozee said...

This is what I saw...
http://collectiveconciousness.blogspot.com/

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Her Daddy's Eyes said...

A clear message hazed with expectation and fear...that's heavy. I understand.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Schuyler said...

Maybe the tattoo artist used some ink derived from rye grain that was tainted with ergot fungus... (http://www.carterphile.com/EpGuides/OS/NeverAgain.html)

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home