September 13, 2005

Potpourri

Ever have the urge to go into Starbucks and order a really complex drink? Something that just makes the Barrista start writing and then go "What the F*CK?" Something with everything taken out of it even the coffee? Maybe you just end up with a glass of milk or something. Can someone who drinks Starbucks help me out with this one. I want to do it, just don't know what to say.

A friend of mine went to Best Buy to get a Nano pod tonight. just off the truck. They got in 59 of them. Odd number? The break down was 57 2GB models and 2 4 GB models. Now, I'm not a marketing genius, but I'm thinking the 4 GB is more popular for only $50 more. I mean really. Do they expect to sell that many pods that only hold 500 songs vs. 1000 for $50 more? I'm so confused. Let's see, I can double my playlist for 25% of of the original cost. Any numbers people out there that can make sense of this one?

Why is it that when you look for something that it's the last place you look? I'm not talking about because you FOUND the thing. I mean, you have 5 places to look for said item (the real # was closer to 20 but for the sake of argument...). You begin looking. It's not a random search. There is an order. 1, 2, 3... and so on. How is it that when there is only one place left you haven't found it and sure enough it's in the very last one. Now, have you ever inverted the search? I have. You know what? The thing is still in the last damn place. Try it next time you lose your keys (or whatever). Stop. Sit down and write down all the possible locations. Then begin your search. I guarantee that the last place on the list is where it is. Perhaps you could give someone else the list. And see where they find it. I live alone so I can't experiment with that one. Help me out though. Do the research for me and get back to me.

Why is there a point in every meal when I say in my head, "I've had enough." I then I keep eating. Hello? Earth to fat people. Listen up will you? When your brain says stop, clamp your freakin' lips shut in a vise grips if you have to and quit eating. It's not that hard. You simply stop swallowing. It's not like breathing where you literally can't stop. Eating is not an involuntary action. Think you are getting over by sneaking in that last bite? (or 10?) Nope. You just distend your stomach for tomorrow so you'll be hungrier. And the cycle repeats. Mmm... isn't that burrito good? I must consume the whole thing. Oh, and the side of beans and the side of rice. Oh, and two beers. Or soda or whatever it is you consume with your burrito these days.

How many shoes does a man need for a 5 day trip? I'll let you know tomorrow. I promise it's more than you think. And less than I really need. Uggghhh.

7 Comments:

At 2:41 AM, Blogger StrangeMadness said...

I want the black nano. Some friends went to the "orchard" today to get one, and they were out already...at the freaking Apple store. Come on, guys, you shoulda known EVERYONE would rush out and try to get one immediately.

I lose my keys at least once a day. They are never where I "remember" leaving them. I'll have to try the list thing.

Starbucks is the devil.

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger Pitstopper said...

Nice blog here. Thanks for posting a comment on mine. But I'm still curious what made you become humbled at the sight of my list. : )

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Pitstopper said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Pitstopper said...

About BK and AK, yeah,I agree with you - what with the state's lack of focus that aggravates the situation. Surely, it would be lame to put the blame on geography alone.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Buffalo said...

And quitting booze, dope and cigarettes is a breeze too. It is an every minute of every day job.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger M said...

i know i always have to finish whatever i'm eating. even if i'm not hungry anymore. i just have to do it. because i want to eat it. because i have no self control........

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger sdk said...

I did the lost and found deal JUST today. I couldn't find the keys to the apartment next door. And they were the very last place on my list to look. LOL

sdk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home