September 03, 2005

Whirl

Sometimes we don't have the right words. We have this mass of confusion in our heads. It swirls and whirls like a dancing dervish and it tries to beat us into submission. It increases its pace frenetic, wild, unpredictable. Lulling for a moment calm then back biting into us again. It gives us conflicting data, images and feelings. Little pieces slip out and they aren't always the ones we'd hoped. I'm in day four of my migraine. I've pretty much settled into it now. The vision problems are gone. I really only notice it when I sneeze or turn my head too fast. Yeah, driving sucks.

I'm taking the rest of the weekend off. Look back on Monday and I might have some kind of gem for for you. That something yummy for your mind. Then again. Maybe Tuesday. We'll see.

6 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your posts are wonderful, I'm always struck with your stringing words together so nicely...and then you add these awesome graphics. Now all you need is word verify on here so I don't have to read about "irritable bowel syndrome symptom" spam. It kind of detracts from the mood of reading your posts! :-)

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger M is for... said...

Baby, that is my brain 24-7, sometimes it's fun to sit and watch, like a train going by. Sorry for the migraine babe.

FYI - Dervish's whirl- they do it in prayer and mediation in hopes of clarity and devine contact.
Funny how whirling makes me feel the oppisite =) M

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Hmmm... You have irritable bowel syndrome spam but no migraine spam. My great grandfather got migraines. He described them in his journal as "the blind headache". Feel better and I'll be reading you when you get back.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

That has to suck.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Parker said...

You know -- that migraine stuff is all in your head. Snap out of it!

[pun intended]

I think you just wanted a weekend off -- punk...

Quit your whining and get back to typing!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger M said...

i bet migraines suck. i haven't gotten them yet. i say yet because my family seems to get them. i get tension headaches though that last for weeks.... those things are a pain in the butt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home