August 24, 2005

Cobwebs in my mind

I wrote this earlier this spring. I suspect some of you will understand it. Nothing lasts forever.


Within my dark place I dwell in quiet content.
In silent agony I pace within the walls I’ve created.
Nurtured in silence and fed with pain.
My walls are solid in their towering stature.
Each cornerstone placed with urgent care to provide strength.
Each whisper that passes to my mind becomes a torment.
Wretched dirt fills the cracks and crevices where smiles once reigned.

4 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, Blogger drunkbh said...

I hope you feel better now.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Mad Munkey said...

That's what the 'Nothing lasts forever' line means. It's past.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Zephyr said...

I think we all have had times where we were thankful that nothing lasts forever.

An interesting contrast in the first sentence... dwelling in dark place in quiet content. This sounds like you were feeling isolation & pain, but also feeling the inner strength that both protected you from the rest of the world and let you know that in time you could again emerge.

It's only a problem when you can no longer see that 'nothing lasts forever.'

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

You tear down the walls to let someone in and then you remember why the hell you built them to begin with.

All good things must end, and also all bad things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home