August 17, 2005

Into the slot

So, I walked up to my car yesterday from a store and had a bag in one hand and my keys in the other. For some reason I had the actual key in my hand and the door was locked. I looked at my hand and then the key. Then I looked at the lock… Hmm… what do you do now… It took me a second to open the hard drive in my head and find the header, Locks, Car, Manual key entry.

Insert key into little slot (hey, this is kinda like sex without the lubrication) Hmmm… then what? Oh, right, turn it… which way? Nope the other way… Whew door unlocked, withdraw key (no penalty for withdrawal here.)

Later I realized it had been over 10 years since I used a key to unlock a car door. Let’s not even get into the topic of cars that don’t have power windows… Hey, what’s this KNOB do? LOL

7 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger M is for... said...

Keyless Entry is right up there with the Moveable Type Printing Press

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Mad Munkey said...

I doubt it, it's in a junkyard... lol Been awhile since I've seen a push button door though so thought it was an appropriate photo.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger freethoughtguy said...

You may be interested in the General Lee. No keys needed, just crawl in!

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Natalia said...

Hehe... gotta love the way technology makes us not think about stuff :)

-N

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Princess Pessimism said...

I have a completely manual car...there's NOTHING automatic on it, and I wouldnt have it any other way.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger BeckEye said...

I don't have power windows. All my friends make fun of me.

Song recommendation: "Power Windows" by Billy Falcon.

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Frank said...

Lubrication! That's all I got to say about that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home