August 08, 2005

Indulge yourself

When was the last time you laid down on a rope hammock and just wasted an afternoon? Or just indulged yourself for your own sake? This weekend I got to thinking about 'smelling the roses'. Now, I don't know about you, but I never stopped to smell the roses for real and I don't plan on doing it anytime soon. However, the concept behind smelling the roses is golden. Really, how often do you take time to just BE. I'm not talking about flopping your fat ass on the couch and watching 3 hours of bad sitcoms and worse reality TV. I'm talking about really just taking a time out from life. Grabbing a glass of lemonade (or tea if you are from the south) laying in a hammock or on a chaise lounge for a few hours. You'd think from reading above that I had done so this weekend. No, I'm just lamenting the fact that even when we have time to do something for ourselves, we rarely take the opportunity. OK, so this post is short... I'll see if I can come up with something better by the end of the day... in the meantime... Post a comment on how you indulged yourself this week. Whatever it is, just post it.

8 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

I haven't done any indulging this week for obvious reasons but when I have the time I like to go to the pool and lay in the water. ^^

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Kerry Grace said...

why, as a matter of fact, I did stop and smell the roses this weekend, on a sunny Sunday walk through the botanical gardens. The trellis positioned the roses directly at our noses.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I ate pizza!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger annush said...

i did that this past weekend. i would do anything to do it again NOW.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger drunkbh said...

I always indulge myself. I want to look back on my life and know that I lived it to the fullest. I would rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I wished that I had done.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Mad Munkey said...

drunkbh - I totally agree with you.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger M is for... said...

i had icecream and a cookie for dinner - a HUGE indulge - and a yummy one too

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Miss.Q said...

I layed on my hammock today and swam in my pool for hours. It was fantastic. It was soo relaxing. Not to worry about. I enjoyed my day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home