August 16, 2005

As I wake

As I slowly wake, I hear the soft whisper of your breathing
A tiny symphony only I can hear in the stillness of the morning
I can feel your smooth skin radiating warmth like a stone under summer sun
As I become more awake, I smell your essence at the nape of your neck
Enveloped in your cocoon, I’m safe and comfortable
You stir and murmur asleep still - in the silence, peaceful like a mountain stream
My fingers glide over your arms, sides and back, teasing over your hips
They return on another path delighting in the subtle electricity between us
The pace of your breath increases, louder now in the quiet of morning
Awake, but enjoying the languid caress, you do not move
Unwilling to break the bond of our soft touch you lie content
Time passes and your need to be closer to me grows within
You move into my arms and gaze into my eyes as we kiss tenderly
Good morning my love – may the rest of your day be filled with peace.

8 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Dani said...

Nice visual! Lucky girl...

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's sweet.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Frank said...

That was incredibly sweet!

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger drunkbh said...

I think it's unanimous.

AAWWW How sweet!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger M is for... said...

you could have just crawled into bed 5 minutes before or been asleep for 10 hours, truly awakening like that will set your day on an amazing path

P.S.
Allison: sometimes a woman will do in a pinch ;)

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger introspectre said...

(chuckles at maggi-nifica's p.s.)

Absolutely eloquent. A gorgeous image. Lovely!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger sdk said...

Hmmm. Now I feel like snuggling.

sdk

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Wow. Beautiful. I bet that was a nice morning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home