August 26, 2005

Declare war


Incredibly, I had a dream this morning that I made a national call to declare war on something. Now, I'm not in a position to declare war on anything except maybe the touch of mold that I wage constant battle with in the shower. Tell you what. I'm sending out the message for each person out there to declare war on something personal to them. By the way, I'm not advocating a bombing or other violent act. Just find something in your realm of influence that irks you enough to actually stand up and do something about it. Perhaps it's a petty complaint at the office that seems to be a constant itch in your mind. Set up a battle plan, formally announce your war to people around you so they know what is going on and can provide ground support, a strong supply line and care packages to the trenches. They will also have advance warning of some potentially strange behavior on your part. This is perfectly acceptable. Nothing incredible is obtained through common means. So today, you have the power, the ability and the means to accomplish something extraordinary. What are you going to declare war on? Personally, I'm declaring war on the dirt under my fingernails. I'm positive that I can enact a successful campaign that will wipe out this particular affliction on my person. And thus with better hygiene I will be a force to be reckoned with as I move through my day with grace and confidence. No fair copying either. Find your own war dammit.

4 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

Today I feel as though I've declared war on sleep.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

I went to war witha stain on my carpet yesterday. Does that count?

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger M is for... said...

Empire Flooring and Carpets!
YOU BASTARDS!!!
prepare to feel my wrath!
I am about to open a special can of Latina Bitch Whoop Ass on them!
That is my war!!!
=)

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Frank said...

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

I've always personally been against declaring war... sneak attack is where it is!!! Always move in with stealth, like ninja (or Jedi/Sith)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home