September 01, 2005

Ever feel like...

You are the white car in the middle of this stack? I got a migraine last night. Something that doesn't happen very often. My biggest trigger is bright light. You'll rarely see me with a pair of sunglasses with reach. When I go out at night, I take a pair with me just in case I don't get home and need them in the morning. I have a spare set stashed in my glovebox just in case the rainy day suddenly gets bright too. In other words, I am careful. Well, I messed up bad last night. I ended up awake most of the night. I even experienced something new. I had my hands over my eyes lying in bed and realized that my hand was moist. I was crying it hurt so bad and didn't even know it. The worst part of a migraine for me is the occular migraine. This is more common for me than than the throbbing pain of a regular migraine. The only way I can describe this is to have you rub your eyes vigorously, pushing on them as your rub. Not to the point of pain, ok? Now, the stars and weird shapes of light you see? go anywhere from 1-10 times that and you'll get the idea of an occular migraine. Anyway, the occular part is gone, but I have this feeling like there is an ice pick stuck in my temple and perhaps I got hit with a baseball bat. I'm not writing today to complain and whine. It is what it is and I feel like I kinda neglected my blog yesterday. Things have been busy, busy. Anyway. I'm off to see the wizard (or the car crusher). Ciao.

4 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger Dani said...

I am no doctor but it looks like you have photophobia. Get some rest and stop whining... lol

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger drunkbh said...

I had migranes when I was younger. Now, they are a rare occurance. Yes, light does make it much worse. Sorry, I know how it feels and it can easliy make a grown man cry.

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Myssa said...

Youch - I know the feeling all too well...Last Saturday I ended up with such a migraine...I was sitting here, chatting with a couple friends about peanut allergies and football, when I got hit so hard with it that I couldn't see. I apparantly typed a message about that and went and took a shower, followed by a hot bath, followed by maxalt, followed by dark rooms, caffiene, pain killers, neck wraps, ice packs, heat packs, etc. Nothing helped. Of course, I HAD to watch the damn Broncos game, because I am that devoted to them...so I shouldn't have, and it made me cry in pain, but I watched the little orange blobs beat up the little white blobs. During commercials I had the pillows over my face & was curled up in a miserable little ball throughout the rest of the day/night and into the next morning.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger sdk said...

You couldn't have found a better picture to describe it. I don't like doc's very much, so I don't know as much about them...but have you tried imitrex shots? When I feel mine coming (if I get that luxury) I give myself a shot and while it makes me feel fuzzy brained...the headache isn't nearly what it is without it.

sdk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home