September 09, 2005

Euphoria's master

You ever have one of those strange lucid moments when for absolutely no reason you suddenly just have this bright smile and your face and a depth of peace inside that it feels foreign? Like suddenly you were placed under some type of ray and it took you to a whole new plane? This happens to me sometimes around sunset. I'm almost always in my car. Moving from point A to B in a scurry of hurry. Then it's like this calm just washes over me and I'm completely at peace with my world. Note: this doesn't happen that often, but it's memorable when it does. I had one the other day. Totally out of the blue. I wish I could figure out what it is that causes this and make it happen more often. It's not like I'm unhappy or anything. This feeling is just amazing though. How much would we pay for such a feeling? I sometimes wonder if this is what it feels like to be on heroin. To take that needle and slide it into your vein. The calm sense of euphoria that follows. I guess the difference is that I'm not looking to feel numb. I'm not trying to escape. I'd just like to share that sense of comfort with someone else. I'm always alone when it happens. Strange. Maybe that is when I feel the safest. No guards, no censors, no doublethink. Just me and my thoughts.

5 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Natalia said...

That is such a nice image of peace...and I meant your words not the picture... hmmm I feel very zen now.

-N

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Alice said...

wow, i was SO not expecting that paragraph to take the "heroin" turn. in fact, i read it as "a heroine" instead of "on heroin" until the needle in the vein part, and i had to go back and start over :-)

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

There is something about sunset that brings peace, isn't there? The stillness, the muted colors- maybe it's the end of the day and a promise of a new one! That's a beautiful shot!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

Hey, thanks for checking out my blog! I really like yours -- and I've definitely had this experience that you've described. I, too, am always alone when it happens.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger M said...

i have that feeling with sunsets too. only really brilliant ones. and i get it when looking at stars on a clear night. (especially if there are shooting stars to be seen!) :-)

what a beautiful picture. is it yours?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home