September 05, 2005

Closing time...

My fingers raw. My mind fogged and blind. My depth of tired goes beyond what I thought I could deal with. I trudged on. I continued. We do, you know? We accomplish. We exceed expectations. We have the capacity to work for 16 hours or more. Our muscles crying with the unfamiliarity of their assigned tasks. You might think I was in the Gulf Coast. I sit surrounded by boxes. My life. The things in my life. My life is not a mere collection of things. We forget this sometimes I think. We attach value to things in our lives. Our experiences, the people that help shape our view of the world. Things are nice. They are replaceable. People are irreplaceable. I walked away from much that I have carried through the last decade of my life. My accumulations. My possessions. My baggage. I did not weep as I placed these articles by the wayside. Rather I rejoiced that I could finally leave them by the side of the road. I won't bore you with a list. As I move on into my next evolution, rather than focus on the things I parted with, I focused on the people that helped me along the way of this move. I can't think of anything more fitting right now.

2 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger M is for... said...

If anything, you could lose all that you have, but in your mind, in your heart, in your memories - all live on, photo's never dull, art never fades, couches always stay fluffy. The memory of the concert is worth more than the stub. The memory of a great date is worth more than the dried rose. The memory of freinds and laughter are worth more than... I don't know... =)

It take s a great deal of courage to move forward. You were equal to the task with out doubt.
Kudos MM!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Natalia said...

That was just....damn... no words :)

-N

 

Post a Comment

<< Home