September 10, 2005

Autumn's dance

The fiery riot of color has overtaken the trees once again for fall. My eyes trace the foliage trying unconsciously to discern the myriad of different hues of the leaves. The cool of morning has waned. The sun bright in the sky warms my skin in delicious licks as it passes through the openings in the boughs overhead. My footsteps bring crackles and wild rustling to my ears as I step along the path. I watch you walking in front of me. Picking your way gracefully through the wild. The river closer then further as we walk. The gurgle, chirp and splash of natures sound invades my thoughts. I ache to wrap my arms around you and feel your heartbeat against my hands. The breeze blows across our cheeks. Your hair caught like a dandelion 'cotten' flutters and dances in the invisible current. High above, a hawk swoops and reels in a never ending search; the hunter seeking prey. I inhale the fresh forest aromas. The raw earth, the scent of the wildflowers and evergreen. I close my eyes and it all remains. My empty hands close upon air. Alone again with my thoughts, hopes and dreams.

4 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger M said...

beautiful.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger sdk said...

Absolutely beautiful. Fall is hands down my favorite season. You've captured it beautifully.

(and a sigh of relief that you don't have the Impeach Bush banner...I love coming here!)

sdk

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

Wow! Our leaves haven't started thinking about turning. Autumn is a beautiful season, tainted with the knowledge winter is near.

You write really well, MM. Enjoy reading you.

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Natalia said...

Ahhhh... inspired, are we?

That's my Yoda post :)

-N

 

Post a Comment

<< Home