January 06, 2008

Are we there yet?

I'm not a patient man. I hate standing in lines, I like to provide immediate feedback when something pisses me off and when i'm working on a project, i like it finished sooner than it could possibly be accomplished. Of course most of us don't like standing in lines. It's loathsome. There is nothing to do unless you are a crackberry addict. Perhaps that's why they are so popular. Finally, people have something to do that doesn't intrude on others people's sensibilities.

I purchased a new humidor after my little vacation to Brazil. You'd think hey, open the box add water to the humidor and place your cigars therein and you are done. Nooooo. You have to season the damn thing. This entails water voodoo to get the relative humidity level to 70%. It can take a very long time. There are methods to cheat the system, but of course your humidor may suffer consequences later.

So, I sit and wait. I go look at the humidity level every time I go near the box. Is it 70% and stable yet? Nope. I had it over 80% last night, but this morning, we are solid on 68%. More waiting. Is there a line I can go stand in to make time move faster? Sigh

5 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Buffalo said...

Good heavens, man. Get a grip. My philosophy is, "if it's close, it's good enough."

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Buffalo said...

Good heavens, man. Get a grip. My philosophy is, "if it's close, it's good enough."

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to post my sure fire method of balancing a humidor but my dog is under my desk and just farted. It smells so bad that I will have to leave before I...

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger JLee said...

You know what they say "a watched pot never boils" or a "watched humidor never...um...whatever it does" ha

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do they say about the simplest answer being the best one? Why not stop smoking cigars? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home