December 18, 2007

Lookin' goooooood

I lost 10 pounds yesterday. The trick now is to keep it off. How did I lose 10 pounds in one day you ask? Dehydration. It's the miracle of all weight loss programs. It's does tend not to stick well though. I don't have a scale, so I'm guessing on the exact amount. It might be more. Doubtful? Let's just say my shorts are riding a little more loose today than when i tried them on a week ago for the suitcase packing. Is it really important? Yes and no. No, because being comfortable in your body is paramount to your success in life. If you don't like yourself, odds are most other people aren't going to like you either. Yes, because I have an image of myself that I wish to project. And I feel better when I'm thinner.

Not being to exercise since my accident has been killing me. I've altered my diet pretty extensively, but that only gets you partway. Now that my ribs are mostly healed and I can start to lift heavier objects with my shoulder, I'm due for some good old-fashioned exercise. The last few days, I've walked more than is prudent since I'm just starting back, but the body is a resilient sucker. It's keeps coming back for more.

My legs ache like they do when I'm on a regular travel trip. I tend to walk 8-14 hours a day when I travel. Granted, I'm on vacation now, which is different, but I'm also walking just to walk. I did 7.5 km yesterday (and that doesn't include sightseeing, mall travel and just general up and across the street for lunch or an acai snack. I'm on my way to a new improved me. One that better matches the tan I'm going to have when I leave here.

Hopefully, I'll have a new improved mind set as well. I'm just starting to wind down. I hear people take vacations all the time that are uber short. I never understood this. You don't really start winding down 'til the 2nd week. Then you need to rejuvenate. Do it right or don't do it I like to say. Let's hope I'm on track to do it right.

5 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

Wish to hell I could walk.

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That show, Biggest Loser, most of what they lose is due to dehydration. It's not healthy. When I get the shits, I lose 7 or 8 pounds, but that's not healthy weight loss. Your body needs hydration.

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correction: I don't mean that ALL of their weight loss is due to dehydration, but commonly, after the show, those people put on like 30 pounds in the first week. It's all that water retention.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Schuyler said...

So, why are you dehydrated? Sick or just sweating a lot in the heat with all that walking?

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger SS said...

Americans are forced to take short vacations due to the time allowed to them at work. I have always thought it was an injustice. You are truly lucky that you are able to enjoy some real time off.

I am glad your fitness level is improving as well. I know you can really enjoy every step you take now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home