March 16, 2007

You sank my battleship

It begins, you set your plan. It's random. You really don't have a plan, but you proceed as though you do. Once set, there's no going back. The ocean will get smaller and smaller and your ships will slowly sink. Oh, you'll get yours in the meantime. Bam, Bam, Bam. You might hit water. You might hit steel. Flesh against flesh you'll battle it out. Your random plan failing or not. It doesn't really matter what your situation is. Eventually, you are gonna take a hit.

It hurts. it's never a good thing to take one up the tailpipe. However, it's your turn next. You can send one up the tailpipe of your oppenent. Sometimes you lose faster. Sometimes your opponent just can't find anything but water and you strike again and again with impunity.

Sometime, you are going to call out, "You sank my Battleship!" Indignation, anger, fear, renewed vigor to continue. To conquer. The fight back is more enthusiastic. The game isn't over in that moment. It's like John Paul Jones said, "I have not yet begun to fight." They sank his ship in that battle, but he sailed away the captain of the enemy vessel. Unexpected win. Have you begun to fight?

3 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Still Searching... said...

Heh heh, love that game. Although, I have to admit it's a little more fun after a few...then someone tries to say, "You SANK my battleship!" w/ the accent just like they do on the commercial and someone ends up snorting vodka out their nose.

Guess you had to be there...

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger bikeandbeer said...

where have you been? i hope you didn't go down with the battleship :-)

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger introspectre said...

I like the Star Wars version. My ex boyfriend got it for Christmas a few years ago and mistakenly informed me he would kick my ass at it. After four lost games, he concluded I was cheating and refused to play any more.

I sunk his Imperial Cruiser. Ha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home