February 02, 2007

Random act of kindness

Soooo... As I re-org my house and get more settled in I'm eliminating stuff. I decided to Craig's list a a couple of chairs. I got a response to a Poang Ikea chair this morning from a college student. Poor and pathetic he practically begged for the chair. OK, i'm only asking $25 for a chair and ottoman (I just wanted it gone). So, he comes to pick it up and is so excited over the chair I thought he was going to have an accident.

I then asked if they had any art on the walls. "No..."

"Do you like this?" I showed him an old print that I'd gotten years ago in a inexpensive frame (nice piece, but hardly upscale).

"I love it," he says.

Me - "Take it - on the house."

He almost cried. "Man, I'm gonna study hard for you."

Gotta love foreign exchange students.

---------

There is something cathartic about getting rid of the old. I've blogged about this before, but the further along I go, I seem to have less and less of what I was. New images, new stuff, new place, new life. Hmmm. I think that was one of my very first blog posts. The Reason. Check it out. Let me know if I've accomplished any of that.

2 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger Kerry Grace said...

Feels good to toss out … even better to an appreciative soul. People always remark that I live in such a small space and I love replying that it is because I only need space to live and not to store a bunch of crap. There something in that those who chose a path towards spirituality start by getting rid of all their possessions. As I sit at my Paoli desk in front of my custom built laptop, I have to say, I’m not exactly sure what non-attachment is all about, but it's worth thinking on, at least!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

What's a Craig List?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home