January 15, 2007

Fresh ink

In Oct. the day I left Rio, I managed to get a new tattoo. In true Munkey form, I somehow persuaded the artist to open his shop on his day off and do a tattoo for me. I didn't suggest it, and he was booked out for a month. It was the only way to get it done. I would have walked away without ever suggesting he open on his day off. So, what did I get?

That requires a little background. I spent a week trying to decide what I would get for a tattoo. I generally let the artists do what they want. They then are more motivated to actually do a great piece. They have near total freedom. So, being in Rio, I thought about all the things in Rio and what I wanted to remember from visiting there. I collect a lot of Graffiti in my travels and Rio has some of the best Writers in the world. I settled on tryiing to draw a script for Munkey. Yeah, I'm not a writer. lol Then, a tree frog jumped on me and stuck to my arm. Thus an idea was born.

Meet, Munkey and the Tree Frog.

The color is closer in the second pic, but it's not as good an image. This is on my entire left calf.



5 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

Excellent piece of work!

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Annalis said...

Yes, I agree with buffalo. Thank you for sharing.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger bikeandbeer said...

i cannot believe you got such an extensive tatoo in rio -- on your last day!!! surreal... hey, i'll be there in a few weeks.... carnaval!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Still Searching... said...

Beautiful and original.

No point, IMHO, getting a tattoo if it isn't original.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Her Daddy's Eyes said...

I love the colors! Nicely done! Are you going to continue to keep your leg smooth so the details don't get hidden under hair? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home