January 01, 2007

Up mine?

Gee, I'll bet everyone is just bursting with energy and raring to rip on their New Years Resolutions. My comment to New Years resolutions? Up Yours. Sincerely, Me.

I mean get real people. Do you think just because it's a new year that you can just flip a little switch and suddenly you are going to be hitting the gym 4-5 times a week for power sets with Rog, the grunter? Yeah, didn't think so. Or that you are really going to quit eating whatever is your weakness and lose that 'freshman' 15 that has turned into the 'creeping up on middle age' fat tire 'round your belly? Or that you'll just up and quit smoking because it's a glorious Monday that just happens to fall on the first day of the current 'Western' calendar?

Again, don't think so, but if sweatin' to the oldies is what it takes to wake your ass up to the reality of the new year, then so be it. Personally, the new day that will be dawning shortly isn't big enough news in my mind to shake a stick at. However, that didn't stop me from celebrating like a rock star and spending a ton of money on it. (Probably not quite as much as some other folks however.)

The reality is this. You have something you want to change in your life, change it. Whip it, smack it, beat it, lick it, pound it, suck it... whatever, just get on with it already. You've wasted enough time. Why make a resolution out of it at this late stage? Just get on the stick and imagine that wish fulfilled. Then wake to reality and figure out how you are going to make it happen. Go forth conquer as no other possibly could. Then smack someone else on the ass and tell ..hem that it's their turn. Saddle up little cowpokes. It's time to make the wild mustang dance. Six-gun ready? Draw Bitches.

8 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

Looks like the Reuger version of the Peacemaker.

A thus starts another year in disneyland. Oooorah.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Haha, so true on the New Year's Resolutions. It's like people think they get a do-over or some ollie-ollie-in-free to start over. Nope.

I resolve to do what I have never done before. As in play dress up as a geisha, sky dive, and play with monkeys.

Cheers!

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My god I've missed you!

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger celtgirl said...

What a wonderful way to start my new year.
Cheers to you. Enjoy your travels as we all look forward to your take on life.

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually... the reason i lost about a 100 pounds was because of a new year resolution i made back in 2004. that and the fact that my dad and sis taunted me thinkin i couldnt make it.

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stand, I raise my glass, I drink and have a laugh.
It must be Monkey Magic!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger introspectre said...

I've been sayin' it for years. Preach on, brother man, preach on.
"New Years Resolutions" my ass. How about a new year evolution?

Giddy yup!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger bikeandbeer said...

the funny thing is, i never heard of new year's resolutions until i moved up here. back home there isn't such a thing. my guess is people need some sort of trigger for them to get the courage to do things. why a new number would be that trigger... beats me! and the sad part is, parents do it to their children! "what is your new year's resolution, sweetie?" like they MUST have one. aarrgghhh!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home