December 29, 2006

Right after I puke...

I was at the airport a few days ago and something struck me as it has many time before. Why do people crowd the baggage claim conveyer systems? Seriously. Step back about 3 feet and then everyone has a front row view of the action. I know bags going around a carousel isn't that interesting, specially when you consider that most people have the same freakin' black bags that everyone else has. Word up to the people at Samsonite and Tumi. Find some new ways to design bags so there are are some options for people.

And speaking of black bags, why does everyone have this fear of color? Luggage, houses, cars. Let me just get ramped up into a tirade on this one. Do you mind? It's not bad enough that the majority of cars on the market today are melted down edged blocks. Nothing special about any of them and most don't even stick out by brand. Everything on the road seems homogenized. The only two bright colors car makers are putting out is red and yellow. And those are far and few between. How about some fuschia or bright green? Bright orange vivid purple?

When I was growing up, on my way to school everyday, there was a house on the corner of one block that was painted bright orange and bright blue. Total opposite on the color wheel and quite a shock to the eyes. However, over the years, I came to know the people that lived there. The matron of the house was an artist and lived an artists values in practice. I dream of driving down the road and seeing houses painted like Maine fishing villages or perhaps Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

2 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

I have screaming RED luggage. I saw some flamingo pink stuff while fighting the angry hordes of shoppers before Christmas. My hiney's going back to buy it tomorrow!

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

I am partial to black. Always have been.

Hit a heavily Hispanic neighborhood if you want to see houses sporting brightly colored paint jobs.

The only remotely interesting autos are either concept cars or poor attempts at retro styling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home