December 30, 2006

Just fixit sam i am

I had a GE repairman come and work on my fridge today. After he left, I wondered what it would be like to go into other people's homes all day everyday for work. Would you leave the homes with lots of new ideas or would you void your mind of the spaces you see? Your mind closed to the trash piled high. The mess throughout the house. Dog hair/ slobber everywhere.

Imagine how many science experiments the man has seen in fridges throughout the region. I now have light in my fridge after 7 months without. It's very strange to open the door and see all my food in it's glory. Lucky me, no science projects either. I just cleaned the thing out last week. *snicker* I actually have filled it with mostly healthy food minus the creamy soft brie and other cheeses. Even though my fridge is clean, it's stinky from the cheese, but damn the stuff tastes good on a french baguette.

Back to the repairman. The guy in my house today was almost void of personality. Well, not almost, he was. Period. Not even matter of fact or anything. I don't even think he responded to my, "Have a Happy New Year" as he left. Oh well, I'm still curious about the repairman thing with seeing different houses at all economic levels. Thoughts?

2 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

I think I've ran out of thoughts for the year.

Happy New Year, MM

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger introspectre said...

I used to clean houses for a living. It was really freaking weird. Not only did I see all their stuff, but I had to get up close and personal with it all while I cleaned it.

I could never make it out of a place without pondering who those people were, what they did, what their deal was. I finally quit because it became a kind of obsession in up close people watching and I wanted to just go through all their stuff just to find out things. I decided it was probably better that I work in a book store before I became a crazy person who got fired from her job because some home owner came home to find me rifling through their family photo albums and cereal boxes, you know?
(laughs)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home