January 08, 2007

Lazy nation

I was at the supermarket tonight and contemplated the way the parking lot was laid out for this particular strip mall. Set in a loose U or 3/4 ovoid shape, this isn't your regular parking lot. It's divided several ways and includes multiple dead ends. The developer was surely on crack when they laid out the parking zones. Either that or a visiting maniacal child seriously rearranged the design.

I'm writing to complain about the design, but rather to discuss the laziness of the American populace. I watched no less than three people wait and block the lane to get a 'close-up' parking space rather than drive an extra 30 meters to the empty parking spaces. And we wonder why we have a 70% obesity rate in our country?

I saw a bumper sticker the other day... I don't recall exactly what it said, but the gist of it was Lose weight, park further away.

I don't mean to imply that I'm better than anyone else. Just two weeks ago, I found myself guilty of driving across a Home Depot parking lot to get a cup of coffee. Seriously, how effed up is that? Am I really in that much of a hurry that I can't walk across a parking lot and back again? Apparently, I am. Damn.

------

And Blogger is now telling me that my blog has characteristics of a Spam Blog. How nice is that? MFer. I have to do Word Verification just to post. What kind of bullshit is that?

2 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

It ain't a thang, MM. Take two pills, wash them with a taste of the Captain and chill, brother, chill.

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that is BS. Maybe you'll feel better if you go erect something...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home