January 27, 2007

It's in the bag

Lately, I've been contemplating bags and luggage and what I need to keep and toss in my collection of bags that I travel with. I did a fairly good job of buying bags that are useful and tossing those that were damaged or not so useful. None of my bags match though. I don't have that nice set of matched luggage. (Nor do I have the redneck collection of Piggly Wiggly bags wither.)

I have monster duffels for casual trips, a clean line garment bag I rarely use. A hard sided suitcase of which the interior has seen better days. A ballistic nylon, wheeled overhead bag which is my primary companion when I travel in Europe and weekend trips here in CONUS (Continental US). I bought a bag on my last trip to Europe to carry crystal home and found it to be a fun suitcase to own. It's bright orange with hard sides. I have a ballistic nylon laptop case which although functional is boring boring boring.

I also have a Tatanka backpack that I bought in Germany more than 10 years ago. I have to say this is my absolute primary bag. Despite is lack of elegance, it is the right size for just about any job. My Tiny toughbook fits in one of the compartments. I can seal the top from the bottom to make it easy to find gear inside. And it's freakin' durable. Seriously, I've taken this bag all over the world, I've abused it to no end and it still is in great condition.

However, sometimes you see something that you want just because. This is one of those days. I've been eyeing these bags for awhile, but I just can't bring myself to buy a bag that I can't fit my 17" laptop in. Oh well, I'll share the love anyway. Perhaps you will find your next bag here.

2 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Buffalo said...

You have given luggage more thought in this one piece than I have in my entire life.

What does that say about us?

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Still Searching... said...

Suh-WEET...but...the price!! OMG!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home