June 28, 2006

Along came a spider



So, I noticed that there will be a film version of Charlotte's Web out near Christmas time. For those people with children, I'm sure this is a great thing. We all loved Templeton the rat in cartoon version didn't we? But I have to think about the premise of this story. Pig is a runt and saved by girl. Then pig is ready for eating, finally. And a spider spins a web with 'Fantastic' and other nice things about said pig and saves poor Wilbur's life.

I'm fine with the fact that all these barnyard animals (not to mention a tiny ass spider) can talk, but don't you think everyone would be searching for the spider that can read and write? I mean come on. If I had a farm and started seeing spider webs with words on them, I'd have to first see a Dr. to confirm I'm not nuts, then, I'd have to go in search of the spider. Screw the pig. Unless he's spinning a web out his ass (and then we really have a money maker on our hands). I want the spider responsible. Think of the advertising dollars to be had with a spider with this skill set... The halloween connections alone spin my head.

4 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Still Searching... said...

That was one of my favourite stories when I was a child, and you know...I'd never thought of that...

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Buffalo said...

Please don't see a doctor to determine your sanity. I think we all know the answer to that question and I'm not sure they have computers in those places.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Schuyler said...

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/9416279/detail.html

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Lil Bit said...

People can't read the writing... just the barn animals.
It's in animal-language, not visible to the human eye. LMAO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home