January 17, 2006

The Tabasco update

It's been a fun ride with the Tabasco folks, but the ride is over. Below is the latest and last e-mail exchange since my post on the Oven Mitt debacle.

Hi Mad Munkey,

Thank you for your e-mail and your comments. Unfortunately, we do not have left and right handed oven mitts, but I will pass on your comments to our buyers. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Tabasco Country Store
Customer Service

To which I responded:

Dear [Tabasco Customer Service Rep],

Thank you for your prompt response to my question. Not to be
pugnacious, but I certainly was aware that you don't have right and
left oven mitts. I'm severely disheartened by the lack of paired oven
mitts. Especially from the Tabasco Country Store.

Would it be possible to have one custom made? When you think about it,
all that would be required to make a left handed oven mitt is to turn
the fabric template over. Then I could really get into describing how
amazing the Tabasco customer service is to my peer group as I display
my fantastic 'paired 5 Alarm Oven Mitts'. I think they would all be
awed by the fact that Tabasco went out of it's way to satisfy the needs
of a single customer. Although, I'm sure we both realize this is not
just my need. Who doesn't need paired oven mitts?

Who knows, your ad agency might even find a creative way to work that
into a campaign. (Clever folks that they are.)

Sincerely,

Mad Munkey

Their final response:

Hi Mad Munkey,

I am sorry, but we cannot make a customized ovenmitt. We are required to order in bulk, therefore it would not be possible. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Tabasco Country Store
Customer Service


So, while I won't be getting a 'lefty' oven mitt any time soon, I'm gratified to know that the buyer have been made aware of the situation.

And for those of you who thought it really mattered... Look, I'm really not nuts. I just thought it was funny. Jeez. Get a grip. lol

2 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Alice said...

ha! i love that they took your request seriously and answered. that's a pretty decent customer svc department right there :-)

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger M is for... said...

Well, in customer service, the TCS get a big ole thumbs up from me. They wrote back rather quickly

MM - The moments of just standing still awe I have for some of the things you do I know will not end with this, but DAMN this is the funnest - not funniest - the Funnest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home