September 30, 2005

'Tis the season

So, it's Candy Corn season. Woo Hoo. Now, who out there doesn't love Candy Corn? I'm not talkin' about those nasty brown topped wanna be candy corns either. I'll give a little props to the pumpkins, but overall, I'm talking white, orange and yellow candy corn. Sugar. Pure and simple. How many of you bite the crown off to see how close you can get to the actual color stripe? Busted.

I don't have a huge thing for candy, but I walked by the bags of candy corn the other day and suddenly, I had one magically appear in my hand. What gives? I don't even recall reaching for it. It was just there. I think it lasted 4 whole days. I keep hearing tales of people eating the whole bag at once. Not surprised with that one either. I mean, Krispy Kreme could learn a thing or two about addiction from the candy corn people.

9 Comments:

At 2:44 AM, Blogger Tish said...

haha. I haven't had candy corn in forever! How about bringing over a bag, Munkey? ;)

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Holy cripes! I haven't had a piece of candy in years but would give anything for a little piece of heaven I call candy corn. A thousand curses on your house, Munkey, for bringing this candy to the forefront of my mind!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger sdk said...

Candy corn is quite obviously Da-Shit. I LOVE that stuff. My mom used to make it. Hers was the best, but the recipe is gone forever, and I have no idea where she got it.

And, I'm busted too. I can't just pop them in my mouth, I have to bite off the layers.

sdk

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Munkey man? Orange. The white's much too easy. I thrive on the challenge. As for the thousand? I was being NICE. You should see me moderately irritated.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The ones with the brown in them are actually my almost favorite. My favorite are the pumpkins! But it's all gotta be Broch's are it's just not as good.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger StrangeMadness said...

You should try mixing them with peanuts. Quite tasty. Just the right blend of salty and sweet.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Zephyr said...

Nope. Send me the brown-topped ones any day.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger SS said...

I like to mix the white tipped ones with the brown tipped ones. Mmmmm.... The pumpkins are too much orange for me. I don't know why it makes a difference but it does. Gotta go.... The grocery store is still open for a few more minutes!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Alice said...

i have been trying reeallly hard not to buy any so far, because i totally am the type who eats them all in one day. god, i can feel cavities forming just thinking about it. mmmmm..... *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home