September 29, 2005

Comfort this

You ever notice you have a comfort wardrobe? I'm not talking about comfortable clothes, but clothes that are like comfort food. The stuff you put on when you just feel blah, or you ate too much, or it's raining. Whatever the cause, you've got this article or set of clothing you can put on and suddenly things seem a little better. Perhaps it's a sweatshirt from an ex-boyfriend (or a sweatshirt an ex-girlfriend gave you) that you'd never tell your current Beau about the history.

Or perhaps it's a pair or shorts or sweats from when you were fat and they threaten to slide off your hips and it makes you smile every time you have to hike them up. Maybe it's an old T-shirt from college your wife has been nagging at you to throw away for years because it's threadbare and falling apart. The kind of piece of clothing that makes you sigh in delight as you slip into it and frown at the end of the day when you take it off. Cotton so soft with age that you aren't sure what holds it together other than your whim.

Like curling up on the couch under a blanket in the winter with a cup of hot cocoa. Or a conversation with an old friend (one of those debates that has lasted years.) You can't quite get enough, but the separation doesn't cause anxiety either. My salute today is to the comfort wardrobe. May you never part with it. Unless it's underwear with holes in it guys, then it's time to throw them in the trash, I don't care how comfortable they are.

4 Comments:

At 1:40 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Ahhhh...I'm going to the closet for my green flannel jammie pants. Right now.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Buffalo said...

Underwear?

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Alice said...

mine is a flannel shirt from highschool. i wore that thing every day i could get away with it, and even though i've grown about 5 inches and put on probably 40 pounds since then, that thing is still about 7 sizes too big. no wonder my mom hated it so much when i wore it :-)

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger sdk said...

Mine is my brother's boxers and an old central sweatshirt. I LOVE them.

I also have a pair of crushed velvet leggings that flair out at the bottom that are comfortable as all hell, but...the velvet has worn out on the butt, so you can um, see through them. I was wearing them with my "Devil-Child" boy brief underwear the other day when my landlord showed up. I completely forgot about the ass problem and walked ahead of him up the stairs.

It took me an hour to figure out what he was all giddy about when he left with a huge, very uncharacteristic grin on his face. LOL

sdk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home