September 05, 2006

People watching

As I sit in the airport waiting to board, I don't contemplate the TSA requirements or the lines that I neatly bypassed. Or the long walk to the terminal I'm sitting in. I contemplate the passengers around me. SO many fashion choices that are unfamiliar and accents I don't recognize. I love looking at people at the airport. Such a better hodgepodge than anywhere else you can go.

The man across from me is wearing cap toe brown shoes that have rubber soles, jeans of some kind and a white/ecru T-shirt that probably cost around $50. He has an expensive thin watch, wedding band rimless glasses I'm used to seeing at board tables. His bag is a leather Samsonite. (Why does that name project images of 70's ads of chimpanzees jumping up and down on cheap looking luggage?)He's reading Captial magazine (even though his shoes point out that he has none.)

I'm not bragging, I'm not very well dressed. I'm dressed incredibly comfortable though. Cargo pants, cheap black T, and Sketchers. I don't even have a current Nano-Pod like the old hipster across the way that has his manual out and is deserately trying to figure out how to listen to his Wayne Newton download.

Perhaps you've guessed it. Yes, I'm about to embark on another adventure. I'm calm, relaxed and more than a little excited at the prospect of new things to see and places to go. The next 10-12 hours will be the worst part of the trip. The flight. I wish I could sleep on a plane. I've tried staying up for 72 hours before flying. Getting a load of liqour in my system, sleeping pills, etc... nothing works. Even if I do manage a short sleep, I awake with a fried nervous system. Jittery and prone to internal rages that would make a sailor weep with the nasty verbiage. lol

I feel calm for the first time in a very long while right now. I don't know what is about to happen and I am not trying to project it. I'm just going to let it happen as it does. I will not stress, I will not worry, I will just enjoy. Welcome to the adventure. Hang on, it's going to be a lovely ride.

4 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

You have my undivided attention.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

The two deletions is the result of my impatience. Now you have my almost undivided attention.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home