August 10, 2006

From the past...

I wrote this in November of 2004 to a good friend. They sent it to me today. I thought it was interesting.

------

I got up this morning and dressed to fly home (I'm in Atlanta). I looked in the mirror and saw an illusion. I'm wearing jeans, a red AIDS ride long sleeve T-Shirt with the words I'MPOSSIBLE on the sleeve. At my wrist is my LIVESTRONG bracelet. I've got two earrings in one ear and a tunnel in the other (yes, that's new). I have glasses on today so that gives me an arty, hip urban flair...

So what is the illusion? I'm not me. I dwell deep inside this shell I wear. Each visible piece a little glimmer of that which lays deep inside. I'm someone that rarely smiles on the outside even when I'm full of glee. Some wear their hearts on their sleeves and seem happy all the time. I say seem because it's true. The more experiences I have, the more convinced I am that people hide.

I think a lot of people hurt and don't know how to express it.

As I think about my life and how other people react to me, I have to rely on other people's visions of me. I know from conversations that I have touched many people's lives. However, I don't feel those connections myself. Is that strange? I get glimpses of perception and have a hard time assembling the
complete picture.

Anyway, I've rambled enough... if I don't send this, I'll lose it.

1 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Annalis said...

Thought provoking post, MM.

I think many people hide behind a style or label. It usually catches up with them eventually.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home